- Training in which a runner alternates between running and jogging over set distances.
- Training in which an athlete alternates between two activities, typically requiring different speeds, degrees of effort, etc.
I love that movie!
Anyhoodles, moving on! Interval training is very beneficial, in that you get the cardio, or high intensity training and then the benefits of rest and recovery. Rinse and repeat several times and you've got yourself a great workout. Your Online Fitness explains HIIT and other interval training methods for fat loss.
When I personally head out for a run, I like to start off with a 5-10 minute warm up (brisk walk) then I run for 5-10 minutes, (more if I am feeling especially energetic) walk for 3-5 minutes and repeat for as long as I want or am able to.
- How do you do your Interval Training?
- Do you bike, run, swim or walk?
- If, while out on your walk/run, you spy a rare spotted dingbat in the tree ahead of you, do you turn around and quickly go home or do you stop and chat awhile?
- Did I make you smile? I was hoping to.
Godspeed...this comes from the Middle English expression "God spede (you)", a wish for success and fortune for one setting out on an enterprise, voyage, adventure, or travels. It may also mean good luck.
"Limitations only exist if you let them"
© 2013 Shannon M. King. This publication is the exclusive property of Shannon M. King and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this post/story may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, Shannon M. King. All rights reserved.