Here are the rules...
11 Facts about me...
- I have never been on an airplane in my life. Seriously!
- I have only lived in Oregon, California and briefly in Washington when I was in Job Corp.
- I was in the Job Corp. for about 2-3 months...horrible experience, which was probably my fault...I was kind of a mess as a teen.
- As a youngster I was in quite a few private Christian schools and wore uniforms for most of my education.
- I have always been a book worm...I love to read just about anything but especially true life stories.
- I ran away from home when I was sixteen and lived with friends until my favorite Aunt and Uncle came and got me and took me to live with them.
- I am a Christian and the daughter of a former Preacher who has also a been a truck driver for as long as I can remember.
- I once worked as a dishwasher at a truck stop when I was 16.
- I love to watch reality shows like Keeping up With The Kardashians and Real Housewives...ugh, I know it is horrible but I can't help myself. I like to see how ridiculous celebrities and rich people live.
- I am always misplacing my iPod, it is with me all the time and without it I feel lost.
- I love, love, love to RUN and WORKOUT at the gym or at home, jogging on my mini-trampoline and using resistance bands to build muscle.
My 11 questions from Darlene...
- Running, Biking, Swimming or Other? Definitely running and then working out on the Elliptical, ARC trainer, or spin bikes.
- Dog or Cats? Doggies for sure, I have two mini-wiener dogs who are sisters from same litter and one of them is the runt...Annie (runt) and Weenie.
- Favorite Racing Distance? 5k so far, but that could all change next year when I run the half I missed this year due to my injury.
- One Goal for 2012 that you have accomplished? Ran two races with two of my sons.
- Favorite Ice Cream Flavor? Chocolate Chip Mint...the best ever.
- Favorite Race? My first 5k, Oct 8th 2011
- Marathon: Done It, Someday or Never? Will do it someday.
- Favorite Book? The Bible.
- Favorite Movie? Definitely The Wizard of Oz, first movie I remember seeing...saw it in the hospital the night I had my tonsils out at age 5!
- If you won the lottery, what would you buy first? Probably new shoes...ha ha ha!
- Worst Fear? Dying...if it involves pain! I'm not really afraid to die, it's just the pain that may be involved, lol, oh and the dentist and confined spaces....truly though my worst fear is one of my loved ones dying or getting a terminal illness.
11 blogs I am nominating for the Liebster Award...
- High On Bike
- The Journey Is The Reward
- Hit The Ground Running
- First In Philly
- Half Done Run
- Out and About
- Run With The Black Knight
- Fit Gurl Go Fitness
Questions my nominees need to answer:
- Best thing about your life?
- Scale, yes or no?
- Worst running injury?
- Favorite place to visit on Vacation?
- Favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
- Favorite piece of exercise equipment?
- Favorite Season?
- One thing from your bucket list you have done?
- Favorite Celebrity?
- Favorite holiday and why?
- Favorite food and drink?
Godspeed...this comes from the Middle English expression "God spede (you)", a wish for success and fortune for one setting out on an enterprise, voyage, adventure, or travels. It may also mean good luck.
"Limitations only exist if you let them"
© 2012 Shannon M. King. This publication is the exclusive property of Shannon M. King and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this post/story may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, Shannon M. King. All rights reserved.