Happy Wednesday to all you runners out there, I hope this post finds you all well in body, mind and soul.
|These are my thoughts on that sentiment|
I have been reading a lot of blogs that are addressing the importance of diet, hill running, and hot weather running do's and don't s... all of them have been extremely helpful, and I have benefited greatly from their tricks and tips.
We all need to eat better, and that means incorporating more whole foods into our diets, as well as eating less of the processed ones. I don't know about you, but I love my snack foods ad they aren't always good for me. Last year I was eating more whole foods and about 90% of my overall diet was clean eating. Well things have slipped and I've gotten sloppy about eating that way. It is time for me to Clean up my act and by that I mean the foods I eat.
Ugh, that means I need to stop eating the Funyuns chips and the cakes I love to nosh on...see what I'm taking about, I have completely fallen off the healthy eating wagon and right into the crappy food bin. Of course this means that I am still relatively the same size as I was last summer, although I am a bit smaller and more toned...but not a huge difference...boohoo!
1. So for the rest of this year I am going to get re-focused, once again, and cut out those nasty food habits I've picked back up. I will say though that I don't drink soda (except that one I had last night) and I run a lot, according to my family...they would say I'm an obsessed runner but I certainly don't think so, especially when I compare myself to some of you.
2. I will get back to the gym more regularly and continue to train for my half-marathon in September with vigor and determination.
3. I will also drink more water. This is one thing I am bad about doing, I so don't like water but I know I need it to perform at my best.
4. I will try GU or some other form of energy during my long runs to see if it really will make a difference in September.
5. I will sign up for a few more races between now and September's half.
6. I will continue to do hill work, even if I "loathe it entirely". (speaking in my Grinch voice)
I am hoping that you will help keep me accountable. I am so glad that I have running friends online to learn from, so thank you in advance for any help, tips and motivation you can give me. Blessings and good luck to everyone who has a race this month or this weekend!
Godspeed...this comes from the Middle English expression "God spede (you)", a wish for success and fortune for one setting out on an enterprise, voyage, adventure, or travels. It may also mean good luck.
"Limitations only exist if you let them"
© 2012 Shannon M. King. This publication is the exclusive property of Shannon M. King and is protected under the US Copyright Act of 1976 and all other applicable international, federal, state and local laws. The contents of this post/story may not be reproduced as a whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without consent of the author, Shannon M. King. All rights reserved.